The University of Richmond's Web platform brings the UR experience to life online through:
- A site-wide emphasis on storytelling over "marketing," telling the University's unique stories in a highly compelling and authentic way
- Dynamic and highly flexible content modules throughout the sites to drive and interweave institutional priorities across all campus units
- Clarity of architecture/navigation ("wayfinding")—maximizing the user experience through a concise and intuitive approach—to reflect the University's culture of individual attention and support
- A shared ecosystem of single-source content (i.e., not duplicating similar content on multiple sites) that demonstrates the breadth of opportunity at Richmond, dynamically delivering rich and related content to create pathways of exploration around the user
- Strategic integration with key University offices to drive improvements in business processes, thereby gaining efficiencies and/or reducing costs
- A mindset of innovation, always aiming to be best-in-breed and demonstrating Richmond's position as a thought leader in higher education
University Communications works closely with Web Services within Information Services to improve the overall quality of campus websites and increase ease of use for campus contributors. Web Services is responsible for the maintenance and technical support of the University's Web systems and software.